Welcome to the nation's leading resource for information management and computer technology professionals who have disabilities
Since 1975, Lift, Inc.’s sole mission has been to hire and place information technology and information management professionals who have disabilities. Lift is a nonprofit corporation that combines specialized business and technology experience with expertise at recruitment, assessment, training and accommodation to give ambitious and highly capable men and women a vocational lift.
Neither a traditional rehabilitation agency nor a typical job placement agency, Lift uniquely accomplishes the objectives of both. To its employees with disabilities, Lift offers opportunities for very rewarding careers. To its corporate clients, it provides a proven human resource development program for high performance professionals.
Lift has placed professionals in positions such as: programmer-analyst, systems-analyst, software engineer, business analyst, technical writer, technical specialist, network administrator, computer support specialist, data security specialist, database administrator, database manager, quality assurance specialist, CBT training developer, E-commerce specialist and website designer.
Because of its unique status as an employer and innovator in the IT industry, Lift was the first nonprofit corporation invited to serve on the Office of Disability Employment Policy’s Circle of Champions. Lift was an inaugural winner of the Department of Labor’s New Freedom Initiative Award (2002).
If your company is typical, you have an urgent need for skilled and highly motivated information technology professionals. To its growing number of corporate clients across the United States, Lift provides:
- A nonprofit partner participating in a profitable business relationship
- A source for highly competitive consultants and employees who have been carefully recruited and expertly screened
- Expertly designed and administered skills development programs tailored for corporate systems, documentation standards, and working environment
- Disability awareness training and worksite evaluation
- A one-year trial contract period with proven techniques for project assignment, supervision and appraisal
- Direct hire option
- A low-risk opportunity to participate in giving a lift to our country's vocational rehabilitation efforts
- A history of success that is unparalleled in either the nonprofit or for-profit sectors
If you have a physical disability and sharp analytical skills, you may qualify for a rewarding career in information technology or information management.
To qualified individuals Lift offers:
- Exciting opportunities for high potential candidates, from entry level to experienced.
- Careful screening and matching of skills, potential, and career goals with employment requirements.
- Accessible work environments.
- Assistive Technology.
- Training, including skills development and refresher courses.
- Minimum one year employment with Lift on contract with one of its corporate clients or (for candidates with significant experience) direct placement.
- Employment benefits, professional supervision and career development.
- Prospective long term employment with corporate clients